Google reader has become a tool that I enjoying using on a day to day basis now. Not only can i keep up with the class and all the blogging but i can also be kept up to speed on all the various sites i visit regularly. Enough about that lets talk about the I-generation, i have come to realize that today it is now pretty much expected to have a smart phone these things are seriously becoming a part of the human body. I myself cannot leave home without my Droid. I do find it funny though how the young people dont look at smartphones as the coolest and fastest growing technology today, they see it as just a plain everyday item like how you our me would look at a pencil or a book. Pretty soon i see the name smartphone being changed to "life phone" seeing as soon enough you going to be able to run your life on these things. Well thats all for now for me but i hope you all have a great labor day weekend.
Cheers.
I thought you had an iPhone? Did I misread your comment on the other blog? Oh, well, I agree with you that smartphones have so much capabilities.
ReplyDeleteNevertheless, I'm still refusing to get one. I think I fear losing face to face communication skills if I get one of those phones. I also fear I'll become more and more dependent on them because I so many obsessed with their phones. It irks me when I go to restaurants and see a family make brief eye contact silently asking "Shall we sit here?" Then upon being seated, all the members of the table whip out their phones to surf the net, tweet, facebook, etc.
What happened to daily personal face to face communication?
P.S. I also wonder about all this radiation flying around our heads because our neighbors' phones are pulling signals from multiple towers.
hmmm..."life phone" that's an interesting thought. Google Reader does make keeping up with the class even easier. It was hard trying to visit everyone's blog that first week when we had to go to Blackboard first, click, copy, paste... haha Anyhow, as an educator in a less wealthy community, I see that although the internet seems like a "normal" part of everyday life for many students, there are a lot of homes that still do not have computers or internet access at home. This makes it hard to incorporate technology into your teaching. And although most have access to the internet through their (or their parents' smart phones), it is hard to assign homework assignments to be completed using a cell phone. If only it were THAT common in our community. :/
ReplyDeleteSmart phones are just incredible! I remember as a child thinking that when I got older I would definitely have a car phone. (I'm giving away my age!) I would have never dreamed that one day I would have a phone that would be a camera, calculator, game station, computer, etc. It is just amazing and I can hardly wait to see where technology will take us next!
ReplyDelete