Podcasts are something that I was not very familiar with until this past lesson in class. I feel that they can be a useful tool if in the right situation but there are times when I feel that they may become a hassle. I feel that podcasts can be useful in a classroom environment for reminders for students on the weekends or before a test. They can be used to remind the class to bring their books or if a paper is due. I feel that in my class I would use the podcast as more a study guide kind of thing. I would basically give a whole lecture on the test and try to fill the class in on some main points to remember. My grade level would be any grade in high school. It would also be useful to use podcasts due to the fact that all of my class will being using blogs and a class wiki. By using the blogs I can embed my podcasts onto the site where the students can use them whenever they wish. I feel that podcasts are interesting in the fact that they basically are just like using a tape recorder except for the fact that you can put these on the internet. If anything I feel that using the podcasts with video would be the most helpful because by doing this you can implement pictures or videos. This would most likely gain the student’s interest a lot more than just plain dialog. Podcasts have always been interesting to me and they I have talked to people that like using them but I still am not sold on using them inside my classroom. Maybe one day I will find a way but as for right now I still feel that blogs and class wiki’s are the way to go.
Cheers
Eh
No comments:
Post a Comment