Friday, September 9, 2011

Blogging Through Time!!!

Now I am still new to this blogging thing but I have already thought up a crazy amount of ideas to use blogging in my class room. First off let’s just say I’m teaching high school history, I feel that by having all of my students create their own blog it could cause then to feel more attached to their own work. Knowing that there work is on the World Wide Web and anyone can see it would make them want to keep posting for sure. Plus being able to personalize their own page would probably boost there interest a little to. I feel that all students should be kept up to speed with current events that why I think it would be a great idea to have the students create a new blog every other week on what their thoughts are on current events. I also love the idea that all the assignments the students do is kept in a data base so no matter what we always have the option to go back and look at certain postings. I also like what we are doing as a class right now and would very much use the idea of voting for the best blog every week, this gives students to fight for and more motivation. Let’s say my class is going over WWII, now we all know that there is allot going on during this time and I think that blogging is the great answer to a smooth and fun WWII lesson plan. By giving each student a different event or time period in WWII this divides everything into shorter and simpler facts. Each student would go home and write up an informative blog on whatever their event or time period was and then the next day in class they would share along with all the other students. I feel that this blogging thing will soon take off in all classrooms and i know that i will most definitely be one of those classrooms that uses it. 


Cheers 

4 comments:

  1. You are definitly at an advantage with the blogs being a high school teacher. Students do have access to blogs via school internet. I tried it today and it let me in. I didn't do anything while at school, but I was able to log in and see the blogs.
    The WWII acativity is good. Have the students upload youtube videos and photos on WWII. The survey is motivational because everybody wants to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have something here. History doesn't change to much. You could use the information gained for years. Your bag of tricks gets bigger and bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. People I know that used to spend a lot of time on myspace would put a lot of effort into personalizing their page. There is a sense of ownership in creating a personal blog and I believe that transcends the purpose, be it personal or educational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent idea. As crazy as this would drive me if I were a student in your class, I think from a teacher standpoint it is an excellent idea to have them choose a time period and blog about it. You could have them blog as someone from that time and use different points of view from WWII or another time period. Also, it would be a good way to start getting them used to keeping up with current events. They could look at the newspaper or online newspapers and choose a current even that caught their eye and just discuss why they found it interesting or post any opinion about it. I have never been very interested in politics or been very good at keeping up with current events, but maybe having been exposed to it early on in an engaging way may have changed things for me. Good job.

    ReplyDelete